Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The case of the ASOS Tights



In 26 years old of life, I have never been able once to find tights matching my skin colour. Hence the reason why I am always wearing black or colourful one. Eventhough sometimes I wish I could find «nude» tights for me I always end up thinking that it doesn't matter. Why? Because it enables me to be more original with the tights I am buying. For those reading this blog for a long time now, the tights I am wearing on these pictures are not new. After leaving my student status, I now have a new one: hello I'm an intern! Though I am definitely acquiring experience for my future career, my financial situation is still the same (if not worse) as when I was a student. I am broke, really. So to come back to my tights I often wear them, but did you know? I wasn't use to wear tights the way I do now.




Tights have always been for me something to cover my legs when the weather would get colder. I wouldn't even wear them with a skirt or shorts instead they would be totally hidden by my pants. That is why I never considered them to be an accessory to embellish my outfits nor I thought they could be perfect trompe l'oeil. So what made me chose these tights? Burlesque. I adore this performing art, how through it femininity is expressed and everything lingerie and hoisiery.



I am far away from being a burlesque performer and a femme fatale but when I stumbled upon these tights I couldn't resist. I thought they were really sexy since they remind of stockings and I like the stripe detail reminding garters. Nonetheless sexy not being the word to define me, I decided to tone down their sexiness with a quirky outfit. Hence my beloved Charlie Chaplin-esque shoes and the headscarf I decided to style as a bow.


I would never bother wearing stockings and garters and all things in the likes of Dita Von Teese because I don't think it would suit me but still I like creating an outfit around such references.

Thanks to Carmen, my blogger friend and colleague at STYLIGHT for the beautiful pictures!
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

7 comments:

  1. ET ces collants devraient être (solennellement) sanctifiés ès qualité d'indispensables alliés de LA "Vavavoooooooomitude hivernale" ! OUI au micro-short Tout-Terrain :)
    a presto, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonsoir Antoine,

      Encore merci poru les compliments :) ! Je profite maintenant de porter le micro-short parce que l'hiver munichois est tout simplement horrible. Il semble que j'ai un don pour atterir à des endroits qui ne me conviennent pas "météorologiquement", mais bon c'est la vie !

      A presto,

      Shug

      Delete
  2. Little tips for tights with your skin colour 'Intimissimi' but really depends which kind of population live in your area too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip ;). I know what you mean about the area where I live. In Italy I couldn't find anything, so let's hope Germany won't be the same!

      Again thanks a lot for the tip!

      Shug

      Delete
  4. Those tights are real nice.. and yes... now that you mention it.. they do look burlesque inspired.. ! Very fascinating how one can never know what inspirations were running in somebody's mind while they bought something. I often make inspired purchases as well :)

    I really like how your shorts stand out.... plus I have to say that your style does seem unique so yay! to that :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Swati !

      I am glad you liked the tights ! That's precisely the reason why I wrote this post ! You never know what someone is thinking when putting an outfit in the morning so I thought it could be interesting showing it to you in this way instead of the usual "I am wearing this and that" post.

      Those shorts were bought in Italy 3 years ago and costed me 2€ so I am happy to be their owner considering the price I paid for them. I made a good bargain this day !
      Thanks for the compliment on my style !

      See you,

      Shug

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts ?! The Ladies of Incognito thank you for giving us the feedback we need to better our blog, and really appreciate it when debates are started about the subjects we chose to talk about.