Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Denim Shorts


How to make a simple pair of denim shorts look cooler ?? 
Let us present you today's DIY !


   It's the story of a pair of denim shorts that would always complain about never being  worn. Incognito heard its call and decided to take it away from its loneliness. In order to make it look wearable, we had to have it go through a make over: 




  These shorts were originally navy blue but I could never find how to wear them. That is wht I decided to bleach them. So I filled a basin with bleached and dipped my shorts in it but not totally so that some parts would keep the original color.  Pretty easy, isn't it ?

Caution: If you're thinking about Doing It Yourself, wear gloves and don't forget to open the windows to aerate !

  These days, the rain is pouring where I live, so I couldn't help but picture myself at  Coachella Fest that is taking place right now in California. It's a mix of sun, super stylish people and above all, music, music music ! Who woudn't want to be there ?! So after finishing my DIY, I imagined my "new" shorts in Coachella and this is the outfit I came up with :  


Denim shorts: vintage DIY/ Top: H&M/ Headscarf: South Korea/ Lipstick: Yves Rocher

   A bleached denim shorts and a pale pink top. Very simple outfit that I can personnalise very easily. If I were at Coachella, I would add a headscarf, pink lipstick and I would look as crazy as I look on my picture: music doesn't have the best effect on me ! 

  And if I were at Coachella, me and my crazy head would be dancing on this song: 



Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on those hot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! we must be really connected! I just finished a DIY post on bleached denim skirt.. ha.. cool job.. I'll show you my finished result nex week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the result !!! xD

      Delete
  3. Those came out really nice!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the result! Really cool for summer!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! I want to try this. Question - how long did you let the bleach soak into the shorts before rinsing?
    xx, M

    http://www.themarcystop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much ! It actually did take a long time to bleach them. I let them something like a day for each side, but it was also because the blue was very very dark and I wanted them to be kind of white :).
      Hope my answer have helped you !

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts ?! The Ladies of Incognito thank you for giving us the feedback we need to better our blog, and really appreciate it when debates are started about the subjects we chose to talk about.